ABOUT CBSE 12th Board Improvement Exam
Important Points to be noted about the CBSE Improvement Exam:
- A candidate who has passed Secondary School Examination of the Board may reappear at the examination for improvement of performance in one or more subjects in the main examination next year only and he/she cannot pursue higher studies in the mean time. They shall appear as a private candidate. Those reappearing in the whole examination, may appear as regular school candidates also. Students may appear in the failing subject(Sixth subject) at the Compartment Examination to be held in July/August the same year.
- A candidate appearing for improvement in subject(s) involving practical shall appear only in theory and previous practical marks shall be carried forward and accounted for.
- A candidate appearing for improvement of performance shall be issued only Statement of Marks reflecting the marks obtained at the improvement examination in the subject(s).
- If the candidate has passed in practical exam, he/she have to appear in the theory part only and marks in practical obtained shall be carried forward and accounted for. In case the candidate has failed in practical he/she have to appear in theory and practical both irrespective of the fact that he/she has already cleared the theory examination.
- There is NO COMPARTMENT EXAM FOR IMPROVEMENT EXAM and hence you will have to be with your new marks whatever they are low or high, however the best marks of two years are counted upon.
- Candidates who appear for improvement of performance will be issued only Statement of Marks reflecting the marks of the main examination as well as those of the improvement examination. He/she will not be provided with a new passing certificate. Cost of the CBSE Improvement Exam form is Rs.10.